Behavioral Heath Intervention Services are supportive, directive, and teachable interventions that are provided in a community based environment, most often in the family home.
The services are designed to improve the individual's level of functioning and quality of life when living with a mental illness. BHIS assist individuals and families to learn age-appropriate skills to manage behavior and regain control of their lives.
EXAMPLES OF SKILLS THAT CAN BE TAUGHT:
Anger Management skills
Skills to increase Self-esteem
Skills decrease aggressive behaviors
Self Advocacy Skills
Develop Healthy Family Dynamics
How to overcome Co-Dependency
How to overcome/rebuild after abuse
How to overcome abandonment
AND MANY MORE...
WHO IS ELIGIBLE? INDIVIDUALS WHO...
- ARE AGES 3-21
- HAVE MEDICAID COVERAGE
- ARE DIAGNOSED WITH A MENTAL HEALTH DISORDER
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED IN BHIS?
- Step 1: is to call for an appointment. You and your child will meet with a licensed therapist who will complete a mental health assessment and all paperwork necessary.
- Step 2: If both parties feel this service would benefit you and your family the therapist will call your MCO for authorization of services
- Step 3: You will be notified following the authorization call to inform you of the outcome and how often the services will occur.
- Finally, you will meet with your Behavioral Health Intervention Specialist to begin services.