Assessment, individual, group, family and couples therapy services.
We offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each of our clients individual needs to help attain the personal growth they’re striving for.
Brenda Wood-Clark, LMHC, NCC, CFTP
Executive and Clinical Director
Brenda is a Licensed Mental Health Therapist specializing in individual, couples, group, and family therapy. She is also a Certified Family Trauma Professional who believes that although we are all a product of our past, it should not define our future.
With over 20 years of experience working in mental health in a variety of capacities she specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Brenda is also a contracted EAP Professional for 3M for their Knoxville, Iowa plant. She offers solution focused, systemic and practical supports and strategies for their EAP program.
Brenda is an interactive, solution-focused therapist who believes that assisting the client to create a life that happens by them and not to them, is of utmost importance. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, Brenda works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Brenda graduated from Buena Vista University completing a Bachelor of Arts degree with a double major in Human Services and Psychology and completed a Master of Science degree at Drake University in Mental Health Counseling.
License, Certifications & Awards
- License for Mental Health Counseling in the State of Iowa
- Basic I Certification in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Certified Family Trauma Professional (CFTP)
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Member of the American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Member of the Iowa Mental Health Counselors Association (IMHCA)
- Member of National Association for Professional Women
- Member International Association for Addictions and Offender Counseling (IAADC)
- Member Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
- Member of International Trauma Professionals (CFTP)
- Credentials and Background approved by Psychology Today
- Board Member-Camp Hertko Hollow Iowa
Susan Tridle, tLMHC, CADC
Mental Health Therapist/ Addictions Counselor
“We can only see with open eyes, We can only listen with open ears, We can only thing with open minds” (Author unknown)
Susan has had extensive experience over the past 22 years with individuals of all ages and genders in educational settings, home settings, and facility settings. She has worked with individuals having many diagnoses (singular or multiple) including but not limited to: Intellectual Disabilities, Behavior Disorder, Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Angelman’s Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Behavior, Conduct Disorder, Anger Management, and Schizophrenia. She is currently working toward completion of her Masters degree in Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counseling with a specialization in Substance Abuse. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is her specialization along with skill building to replace maladaptive behaviors with socially acceptable behaviors, and using coping skills for anger management.
- BA Community Recreation, Emphasis: Aquatics; BA: Elementary Education, BA Psychology
- MA in Teaching: Special Education
- Graduate Student in Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counseling, expected date of graduation: May 2019
- Graduate Student Member of American Counseling Association
- Autism Society of Iowa, member
- National Education Association, member
- Nodaway Valley Education Association, membership committee co-chairperson
- Orient Women’s Club, President, Fundraiser chairperson
SAM PATTISON, MS, tLMHC
Mental Health Therapist
Sam has been working in the human services field since 2011. His services during that time have specialize in working with Intellectual and Developmental disabilities. For the past 6 years, Sam has been developing skills training programs for people with intellectual disabilities. Sam has lead skills groups on self-advocacy, emotional literacy, resume building, job interviews, and political action. Most recently Sam has implemented a social skills group utilizing the popular role-playing game Dungeons and Dragons.
In therapy, Sam utilizes a person-centered approach and combines this approach with Cognitive Behavioral, Existential, and Gestalt techniques, as necessary. Sam operates with patience and believes that all clients are capable of healing if given enough time and the right guidance.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Iowa State University
- Current Student at Drake University in the Master of Counseling Education program
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
American Counseling Association
Practicum Intern, Mental Health Counseling
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
Lynn Curkeet received her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology in 2000 from Saint Cloud State University after completing her internship at a women’s shelter in Saint Cloud, Minnesota. She worked in management, and then in employee relations before returning to school for a Master’s in Mental Health Counseling at Drake University. She has three years of experience at Amanda the Panda facilitating grief support groups, and has supported suicide survivors for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Lynn is currently offering pro bono services as she completes her master’s degree. She is a cooperative therapist that utilizes cognitive-behavioral and emotion-focused therapy to support adult clients struggling with depression, anxiety, and grief and loss.
Professional Activities and Memberships
• Master’s Student of Mental Health Counseling at Drake University
• Woman’s Advocate Intern at Saint Cloud Intervention Project Saint Cloud, Minnesota
• Support Group Facilitator at Amanda the Panda
• Support Group Facilitator for Suicide Day of Loss Des Moines, Iowa
• Member of the American Counselors Association (ACA)
• Member of Iowa Mental Health Counselors Association (IMHCA)
• Recipient of Applied Suicide Interventions Skills Training Certificate.